Wednesday, January 2, 2013

A Christmas gift to myself

Organizers for the kitchen spice/knife drawer and the random stuff drawer (known pre-baby as the f*ck-it drawer, and I know we're not the only ones who have one)




Hello, I totally didn't mean to take a vacation last week, but quickly discovered that if your toddler and hubby are home all week, and you work at home, then no matter what your intentions... you ain't gonna get much work done. That's right, I said ain't. We instead played, tootled around the city, had friends over, and got completely exhausted by August's inexhaustibleness. That's right, I said inexhaustibleness. Why is it that mommy and daddy are the first ones who have to say, "No no, Mommy's tired, no more dancing right now..."

Where does he even get the muscular strength to keep up a marathon of running and games?? Does his fat give him the energy, like a perpetual stash of sugar and carbohydrates he can burn at will??

In the meantime, no matter how much money I've spent on gifts for others I inevitably end up purchasing something for myself once the gift-giving is over. This year—a solution to the spice drawer and f*ck-it drawer in the kitchen! All thanks to Ikea. There's no way the spice labels will remain in such pristine condition, but I'm fine with that.

And, of course, not all my spices fit in there so there are two little racks on the way that will screw into a cabinet door. I mean, it's not like I need fennel seed all the time, but when all of a sudden a recipe calls for it and if you don't have it at 6pm you are totally screwed.

No comments:

Post a Comment