Monday, October 15, 2012

Sometimes you just need things

I recently threw a hissy fit at all the little details that made each walk outside a smidgen harder. An impractical purse borrowed from my mother (I didn't own any small ones), metal sunglasses that in cold weather hurt my cheeks, keys I could never find quickly enough when your kid is screaming.

As I've mentioned before, I believe in only purchasing when you have the funds to purchase. But I've found myself recently screaming, "I don't care!! I am going to completely lose my shit without a new [fill in]!" So, meet my new purchases:

Vintage 80's purse from Etsy, sunglasses from Banana Republic


Leather keychain holder by Baggu (though actually eBay'ed because Baggu was sold out of everything!)


Enamel pill keychain by Jonathon Adler. On more than one occasion, on more than three occasions, I have arrived at the cabin and discovered I'd left medication at home. It has made me crumble inside because it means that within 12 hours I would have to drive back to the city. Not anymore! And that little thing next to the pill case? A tiny delicate LED flashlight, sadly no longer available from the Museum of Modern Art's design store. And do you see that long brass key with like four notches? Our cabin key! It's at least 60 years old.



No comments:

Post a Comment