Wednesday, August 22, 2012

How a life and house should be

These are the Moomins, perhaps Finland's greatest export. They are like the Disney franchise of Finland, but better, and of course more hippo-shaped. Add whimsy and morality and generous hearts that make you ache to be like them.

I spend time every day neatening up the house, putting away toys and work stuff, to have a cleanish slate for the next day. Just like Ms. Fillyjonk. Why do I do this? Why do I do this instead of simply spending more time in make-believe? Well, I have a job and a baby, which the Moomins don't, and their house is drawn and their dust bunnies cute, but still... But still... I think I really have to think about this.

Comic strips by Tove Jansson, courtesy of the "Moomin: The Complete Tove Jansson Comic Strip" Volume 2. Published by Drawn & Quarterly.

No comments:

Post a Comment