Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Perfect gifts but bad for an airplane ride



We're going to Hawaii in a week to visit my relatives (hooray!) and have our son meet them (lovely!). It is a Japanese and Hawaiian tradition to bring gifts when you travel, usually of food. And the traditional food to bring from NYC, for decades, is a box of chocolates from Macy's. I kid you not. But in the modern age these are relegated to a dusty corner in a hard-to-find part of the department store. I would love to bring them some food items that have been made in our little corner of the world, Brooklyn. These are the items I most wish I could bring. Notice the amount of breakable glass that Murphy's Law would mean WOULD ABSOLUTELY get smashed in our luggage?

Images courtesy of Brooklyn Hard Candy and Bklyn Larder

No comments:

Post a Comment