Wednesday, March 28, 2012

I forgive you, Lars Von Trier

I just discovered this. The trailer for Melancholia reminded me of a dream I'd once had, a beautiful but sad dream. I don't know if the movie would mean as much to anyone else. And there are several Von Trier movies I haven't seen because I was severely warned off by friends. But Lars Von Trier, I forgive you for some heartache you've caused in me, and some jiggle-vision induced nausea from hand-held movie-making.

I forgive you because you have given me
1. Beauty
2. Kirsten Dunst in a role suited for her
3. An amazingly subtle use of CGI which I have been longing for
4. Art references
5. Planets colliding in a not very accurate way but that's okay because they're beautiful
6. Thoughts that kept rolling around in my head
7. The desire to hold my child


Images courtesy melancholiafilm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment